Corn on the cob gets slathered with spiced butter in this easy side dish.
Creole Grilled Corn
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 ears yellow corn in husks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray pan with cooking spray. Add corn in husks to pan, and cook, turning occasionally, until husks are charred, about 10 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Shuck corn; add corn on cob to pan, and cook, turning frequently, until charred and tender, about 15 minutes. Place corn in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic, Creole seasoning, lemon juice, ground chipotle chile, and salt. Using a pastry brush, brush butter mixture on corn. Garnish with parsley, if desired.