This potato salad is packed with fresh shrimp and tossed with a zippy Creole mustard and mayonnaise mixture.
Creole Shrimp Potato Salad
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (12-ounce) bag baby rainbow carrots, sliced
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard*
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce*
- In a large Dutch oven, combine potatoes, salt, and water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and shrimp to potatoes; cover and cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 3 minutes. Drain, and let cool completely, at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine potato mixture, celery, bell pepper, mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Potato salad can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container.
*We used Zatarain’s® Creole Mustard and Crystal Hot Sauce.