This salad is loaded with crunchy green veggies, toasted pecans, and fresh satsuma segments.
Crunchy Salad with Satsuma Vinaigrette
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 3 cups thinly sliced lacinato kale (about ½ bunch)
- 2 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (about ½ pound)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup satsuma segments
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ cup fresh satsuma juice
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, satsuma segments, pecans, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together satsuma juice, vinegar, sugar, pepper, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt; slowly whisk in oil. Pour over salad; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour. Toss again just before serving.