Crunchy and zesty, this endive salad goes with everything.
Curly Endive Salad with Lemony Rémoulade
Yields: 8 Servings
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 head curly endive, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, mustard, paprika, and salt until smooth. Slowly whisk in oil. Stir in green onion, parsley, and garlic; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels.
- Divide greens among 8 plates, and sprinkle with pepper. Top with bacon, and drizzle with dressing.