This Deadbeat Daiquiri begs to be enjoyed poolside.
Author: Recipe courtesy of Beachbum Berry, Beachbum Berry’s Latitude 29, New Orleans
Yields: 1 serving
- 1½ cups crushed ice
- 2 ounces aged Panamanian rum*
- 4 whole lychee nuts, shelled (drained if canned)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce Simple Syrup
- ½ ounce maraschino liqueur
- ¼ ounce Clément Mahina Coco coconut liqueur
- Dash Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters
- Garnish: pineapple wedge, plastic monkey, edible orchid
- In the container of a blender, place ice, rum, nuts, lime juice, Simple Syrup, liqueurs, and bitters; blend at high speed until smooth, up to 20 seconds. Pour into a 12-ounce Pearl Diver glass.* Garnish with pineapple wedge on rim, speared with bamboo pick, plastic monkey, and edible orchid, if desired.
*We used Caña Brava 7-Year-Old Reserva Añeja Rum. This Pearl Diver glass is available at Cocktail Kingdom, cocktailkingdom.com.