Think of this as Chex Mix with a Cajun accent.
Death Valley Snacking Mix
Makes About 12 Cups
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal
- 2 cups toasted corn cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups mini pretzel sticks
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 (8-ounce) bag rye chips
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup cane syrup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals, pretzels, pecans, and rye chips.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, cane syrup, hot sauce, and 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Pour over cereal mixture, tossing to evenly coat. Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Bake until mixture is dry, about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool completely on pan.
- In another large bowl, combine popcorn and remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Add cooled cereal mixture, and stir until combined. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.