Deviled Potato Salad
Yields: 8 servings
- 3 pounds small fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, oil, and 1 teaspoon salt until well combined. Spread potatoes onto a jelly roll pan.
- Bake until tender and browned, about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove egg yolks, and place in a medium bowl. Chop egg whites, and set aside. Add mustard, vinegar, and horseradish to yolks, whisking until combined. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, celery seeds, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt, stirring until well combined.
- Add egg whites, mayonnaise mixture, celery, onion, pimientos, and chives to potatoes; gently fold together to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.