The air fryer crisps up this comforting breakfast dish beautifully.
Dirty Rice Breakfast Bowls
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ pound lean ground beef
- ¼ pound ground pork
- ¼ pound chicken livers, puréed
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, green onion, hot sauce
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, pork, and chicken livers; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add half of stock to meat mixture, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, and cook until liquid evaporates, about 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining stock. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add rice, parsley, salt, hot sauce, and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- If preheating is recommended by your air fryer manual, preheat fryer to 375°. Line air fryer basket with foil. Spray 4 (8- to 12-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- Divide boudin among prepared ramekins, pressing a divot in the center. Working in batches, if necessary, place ramekins in air fryer basket. Set fryer to 375°, and cook until rice is golden and sizzling, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce air fryer temperature to 325°. Gently crack each egg into a small bowl, and pour into a divot in rice. Cook until eggs reach desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes. Serve hot, and garnish with parsley, green onion, and hot sauce, if desired.