Duck with Satsuma and Red Onion
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) duck breasts
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 satsumas, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked white rice
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and1 tablespoon butter on medium-high heat until butter just begins to brown. Add duck, skin side down, and cook until skin is browned, about 4 minutes. Turn duck, add onion, and cook until onions are just soft, about 2 minutes. Add satsumas and chicken broth, and cover.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook until duck is medium-rare or until an instant-read thermometer registers 135º, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove duck, and increase heat to high. Add sherry, and boil until sauce thickens, about 12 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, salt, and pepper. Spoon rice onto plates, and top with duck. Pour satsumas, onions, and sauce over duck.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/