Baked eggs are always great for brunch, and this recipe is no exception. Try Baked Avocado Eggs this weekend!
Dude’s Baked Avocado Eggs
Author: Louisiana Egg Commission
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 medium, firm, ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Form 4 circular rings out of aluminum foil to use in keeping the avocados upright for prepping and baking.
- Slice the avocados, and remove the pits. Place avocado halves inside the foil rings on the baking sheet, and brush with oil. Scoop out a hole where the pit was. (Hole should be large enough to hold one broken egg.)
- Break an egg into the center of each of the avocado halves, being careful to keep the yolks intact. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 15 minutes.
- Top with parsley and pepper. Serve warm.