Sticky buns are the stuff dreams are made of, and this version is divine.
Easy Pecan Sticky Buns
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ cup chopped golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup butter, ⅓ cup brown sugar, and corn syrup. Spoon mixture into a 12-cup muffin pan (about 1 tablespoon per cup). Divide pecans among muffin cups.
- Unfold puff pastry, and smooth with a rolling pin.
- In another small bowl, stir together cinnamon, cardamom, orange zest, remaining ⅔ cup brown sugar, and remaining ¼ cup butter. Spread mixture onto puff pastry sheets; sprinkle with raisins. Roll pastry sheets into logs; pinch seams to seal. Cut each log into 6 pieces (about ¾ inch thick). Place in muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown and firm, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for no longer than 5 minutes. Turn out buns onto parchment paper.