Bright winter flavors shine in this Fennel and Orange Salad.
Fennel and Orange Salad
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced, ¼ cup fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 large navel orange, zested, peeled, sliced ½ inch thick, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh baby arugula
- Garnish: ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine fennel slices, orange zest and quarters, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- In a serving dish, toss together arugula and marinated fennel and oranges. Garnish with reserved ¼ cup fennel fronds and pepper, if desired.