Make this salad heartier by adding poached or boiled shrimp or crab.
Fennel-Grapefruit Radicchio Salad
Yields: 8-10 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced fennel, fronds reserved (about 1 fennel head)
- 4 cups chopped radicchio
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 pink grapefruit, peeled, halved, and cut into ¼-inch slices
- Garnish: sliced almonds, honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and peppers until combined.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together dressing, fennel, radicchio, and almonds until coated. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add grapefruit, gently tossing until combined. Garnish with reserved fronds, almonds, and honey, if desired.