Refrigerated ravioli makes this recipe a breeze, and a sherry butter sauce with garlic and shallot gives it big flavor.
Four-Cheese Ravioli and Crawfish in Sherry Butter Sauce
Makes 5 to 6 Servings
- 10 cups water
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- Garnish: thinly sliced fresh chives
- In a large stockpot, bring 10 cups water and 3 tablespoons salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Add ravioli, and cook until ravioli are puffed and float to top, about 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot, garlic, and thyme; cook until aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in crawfish. Add sherry and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and add cold butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring until melted after each addition. Stir in chives. Spoon mixture over ravioli. Garnish with chives, if desired.