Add this dish to your Thanksgiving menu. Don’t forget the Creamy Parmesan Sauce.
Fried Shrimp with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Canola oil, for frying
- 24 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- Creamy Parmesan Sauce (recipe follows)
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and Cajun seasoning. In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and 2 tablespoons water.
- In a large deep skillet, pour oil to a depth of 1 inch, and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°
- Working in batches, dip shrimp in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Dredge in bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Fry until bread crumbs are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes, turning once. Let drain on paper towels. Serve with Creamy Parmesan Sauce.
Creamy Parmesan Sauce
Makes about 1½ cups
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
Find more seasonal dishes for your dinner table in our newest issue of Louisiana Cookin’.