The Jungle Bird is a classic tiki drink that was created in Malaysia in 1978. It is typically shaken and strained over ice, but we opted to make a frozen version for summer.
Frozen Jungle Bird
Makes 2 (12-ounce) Servings
- 9 ounces pineapple juice
- 7 ounces water
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 3 ounces dark rum
- 2 ounces Campari
- Garnish: pineapple leaves, pineapple wedges
- In small saucepan, bring pineapple juice, 7 ounces water, lime juice, and demerara sugar to a boil over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In the container of an ice cream maker, add pineapple juice mixture, rum, and Campari. Churn until mixture reaches a slushy consistency, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately. Garnish with pineapple leaves and pineapple wedges, if desired.