Garden Pesto Pasta
This Garden Pesto Pasta is the perfect summertime dish.
Write a review
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts, walnuts, or pecans
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves and shaved
- Parmesan cheese
- To the work bowl of a food processor, add basil and garlic. Pulse until minced, 2 to 3 times. Add nuts and cheeses, and pulse 2 to 3 times.
- With the food processor running, add olive oil in a slow steady stream until mixture is smooth. Stir in salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to one week. Serve with spaghetti, and garnish with basil and Parmesan, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/