Goat Cheese Crostini with Strawberries and Community® Coffee-Balsamic Reduction
Write a review
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup strong-brewed Community® coffee Louisiana Blend
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar glaze
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place French baguette slices on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until light golden brown, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring coffee and glaze to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, scraping down sides of pan frequently. Let mixture reduce until thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat goat cheese, 2 tablespoons basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt at medium speed until creamy.
- Spread a thin layer of goat cheese spread onto each crostini. Top with strawberries, and drizzle with coffee-balsamic reduction. Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons basil, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/