Cheers to the perfect holiday libation.
Grapefruit-Sage Champagne Cocktail
Makes 1 serving
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce Sage Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 ounce gin
- ¼ cup sparkling white wine
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
- In a cocktail shaker, combine grapefruit juice, Sage Simple Syrup, and gin. Fill with ice. Cover and shake until very cold, about 30 seconds. Strain into a glass, and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with sage, if desired.
Sage Simple Syrup
Makes about 1½ cups
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh sage, stems included
- In a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. Strain mixture, discarding sage. Cover and refrigerate until cold. Syrup will keep refrigerated for up to 1 month.