Laying claim to the oldest stand-up bar in America and the creation of a meal itself (brunch), Tujague’s restaurant in New Orleans’ French Quarter is a marvelous historical venue. The comforting, minty and chocolaty Grasshopper cocktail is another of their creations, and it is the perfect nightcap for the holidays.
- 2 ounces heavy whipping cream
- ½ ounce white crème de menthe
- ½ ounce green crème de menthe
- ½ ounce white crème de cacao
- Brandy, to serve
- In a cocktail shaker, combine cream, white and green crèmes de menthe, and crème de cacao. Add ice. Cover and shake until cold. Strain into a chilled Champagne flute. Top with a splash of brandy.