This simple side dish of green beans and new potatoes from Duck Dynasty’s Ms. Kay Robertson are a quick and easy crowd-pleaser.
Green Beans and New Potatoes
Write a review
- 4 slices bacon, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes or new potatoes (cut potatoes in half, if slightly larger)
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning, such as Phil Robertson’s
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed if large
- Ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until it has rendered most of its fat and has started to brown. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, and reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- In a large Dutch oven, add reserved bacon fat, potatoes, Cajun seasoning, and chicken stock. If stock does not fully cover, add only enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer potatoes until nearly tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain off liquid. Toss with bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/