The addition of andouille balances the lightness of this cool and creamy soup.
Green Gazpacho with Crispy Andouille
Makes 4 servings
- 2 English cucumbers, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup watercress
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cane vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced andouille sausage
- Crème fraîche
- Garnish: watercress
- In the container of a blender, process cucumber, green onion, jalapeño, watercress, celery, cilantro, parsley, ½ cup water, vinegar, garlic, and salt until very smooth. With blender running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until fully combined. If too thick, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add andouille, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels.
- Divide soup among serving bowls, and top with crème fraîche and andouille. Garnish with watercress, if desired.