Sweet and spicy come together in this quick and easy pepper relish.
Grilled Andouille with Grilled Pepper Relish
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped bread-and-butter pickles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 andouille sausages (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 4 hot dog buns, to serve
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Grill bell pepper and jalapeño, turning occasionally, until blistered and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from grill, and let cool slightly. Finely chop bell pepper and jalapeño, removing skins, if desired.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped peppers, all pickles, onion, salt, cumin, chili powder, dry mustard, and cayenne.
- Grill andouille, turning occasionally, until golden and heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and Creole mustard; spread onto buns. Top with andouille and grilled pepper relish.