For this recipe, shrimp are marinated in a New Orleans-style barbecue sauce before being grilled.
Grilled Barbecue Shrimp
Makes 4 servings
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup canola oil
- 24 jumbo fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (heads and tails left on)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Lemon wedges and French bread, to serve
- In a medium bowl, whisk together bay leaves, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, paprika, red pepper, and black pepper. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream until combined.
- In a large resealable bag, place shrimp; pour in marinade. Seal bag, pushing out as much air as possible, and move shrimp around in bag untilwell coated. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaves. Whisk in melted butter, and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add shrimp, and cook until pink and firm, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve with marinade, lemon wedges, and French bread.