A stir-together rémoulade takes these easy grilled alligator bites over the top.
Grilled Gator Bites
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- ¼ cup mayonnaise*
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon plus one 1½ teaspoons salt-free Creole seasoning, divided*
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds alligator fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 (4-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, 1½ teaspoons Creole seasoning, Worcestershire, lemon juice, hot sauce, and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, combine alligator, oil, salt, and remaining 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, stirring until well coated. Thread alligator onto skewers.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. Add skewers, and cook until alligator is nicely browned on all sides and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 160°, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with rémoulade. Garnish with parsley, if desired.