Grilling romaine hearts gives them a unique flavor that is complemented by a creamy buttermilk dressing.
Grilled Romaine Salad with Buttermilk Herb Dressing
- 1⅔ cups mayonnaise*
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh dill, chopped fresh parsley, and ground black pepper, to serve
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, grated cheese, dill, parsley, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Grill romaine, cut side down, until grill marks form, about 2 minutes. Transfer romaine to a serving platter, and top with desired amount of dressing, shaved cheese, dill, parsley, and pepper.
* We used Blue Plate Mayonnaise