If you’re having a summer party, you’ll want to whip up this fun, festive, and delicious appetizer.
Grilled Shrimp and Guacamole
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium fresh shrimp (tails left on)
- 3 tablespoons bourbon seasoning*
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup prepared guacamole
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 large English cucumber
- ⅓ cup minced smoked sausage, cooked until crisp
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350˚ to 400˚).
- In a large bowl, toss together shrimp, bourbon seasoning, and oil. Grill shrimp until pink and firm, 1 to 1½ minutes per side. Remove from grill, and sprinkle with lime juice.
- In a medium bowl, stir together guacamole, cilantro, lime zest, and cumin seeds.
- Using a zester, vegetable peeler, or fork, score length of cucumber to create a striped effect. Remove ends, and cut into ¾-inch rounds. Using a melon baller, scoop seeds from center of each round to form a cup.
- Spoon guacamole mixture into cucumber cups. Top with shrimp and sausage. Serve with lime wedges, and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
*We used McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning.