These Grilled Shrimp Skewers are a lovely addition to a summertime cocktail party.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Write a review
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 dozen bamboo skewers (soaked in water at least 30 minutes.)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garnish: fresh chopped parsley
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray.Preheat grill to medium (300° to 350°). Thread shrimp and zucchini onto skewers. Place on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, and cayenne until combined. Drizzle half of mixture over shrimp and zucchini skewers, and let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill skewers until shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 minutes. Remove from grill and place on a platter. Serve immediately with remaining honey mixture as a dipping sauce; garnish with parsley, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/