Tender and mild hearts of palm are a delightful addition to this punchy, herb-packed Hearts of Palm Salad.
Hearts of Palm Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 (14-ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped English cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a large bowl, combine hearts of palm, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, onions, parsley, and tarragon.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and peppers. Pour dressing over hearts of palm mixture, and gently toss until combined.