This quick White Bean and Sausage Soup is great for cool fall and winter evenings.
Hearty White Bean and Sausage Soup
A quick White Bean and Sausage Soup.
Write a review
- ½ pound smoked sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick*
- ½ pound salt pork, chopped
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 3 (16-ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley and celery leaves
- In a large Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned; remove and drain. Add salt pork, and cook until brown; remove and drain. Add bacon, and cook until browned. Remove, and drain, reserving at least 3 tablespoons grease in pan.
- Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 8 minutes. Add beans, broth, tomatoes and green chiles, reserved sausage, salt pork, and bacon, and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Garnish with parsley and celery leaves, if desired. Serve warm.
- *For testing purposes we used Conecuh smoked sausage.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/