This Hearty Winter Greens Salad is a beautiful (and healthful) addition to your holiday table. With spicy mustard greens and tender kale, this salad will help balance out some of the season’s more decadent dishes.
Hearty Winter Greens Salad
Write a review
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 bunch mustard greens, stemmed and chopped
- ½ pound kumquats, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, shaved
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses or balsamic glaze (see note)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine kale, mustard greens, kumquats, and carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate molasses, vinegar, salt, mustard, syrup, and black pepper until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until combined; pour over salad. Add ricotta salata, and toss until combined. Serve immediately.
- Note: Pomegranate molasses is sometimes sold as “pomegranate syrup.”
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/