Fresh thyme and sage give plenty of herby flavor to these sweet potatoes.
Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Makes 6 Servings
- 7 cups 1-inch-cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 5 medium potatoes)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup finely sliced leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage (about 8 leaves)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- On prepared pan, toss together sweet potatoes, oil, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake until golden and fork-tender, 30 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add leeks, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add thyme and sage, and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add wine, red pepper, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place roasted sweet potatoes in a serving dish. Pour sauce over sweet potatoes, gently tossing to coat. Top with cheese. Serve hot.
KITCHEN TIP: Sauce can be kept over low heat until ready to use.