Honey and Citrus Roasted Fall Vegetables
Honey, shallot, and orange zest add sweet and earthy flavors to this fall vegetable medley.
Write a review
- 2 (8-ounce) packages baby rainbow carrots, halved
- 3 cups golden beets, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 6 shallots, halved
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine carrot, beet, parsnip, sweet potato, rutabaga, turnip, shallot, canola oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Layer evenly on prepared pans. Bake 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine orange zest and juice, honey, butter, thyme, parsley, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour evenly over vegetables, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/