This delightfully spicy cider will help warm up your family’s holidays.
Jalapeño Bourbon Cider
A delightfully spicy cider.
Write a review
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole star anise
- ½ gallon apple cider
- 1½ cups bourbon
- Garnish: sliced jalapeño peppers, cinnamon sticks
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, ½ cup water, jalapeño, cinnamon, and star anise over medium-high heat; cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 20 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl; discard solids.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine cider, bourbon, and sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes more. Serve warm. Garnish with jalapeño peppers and cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/