I’ve even been known to throw some of this mac and cheese on a chili dog. Do dat! You won’t regret it.
Jalapeño Mac & Cheese
Author: Jason Derouen
Makes 12 Servings
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pi-YAHHHHH!! Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (12-ounce) packages elbow macaroni
- 1 (16-ounce) block Velveeta Jalapeño or Velveeta Queso Blanco, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
- Start out by heating a large pot over a very low heat. Heat another large pot filled with water over a medium-high heat.
- Add the butter to the pot over a low heat. Once the butter is halfway melted, raise the heat to a medium heat. Add the jalapeños and onion, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add the Pi-YAHHHHH!! Seasoning and garlic. Sauté, stirring often, for another 5 minutes. Add the cream and chicken broth, and lower the heat to a low setting.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Around this time, start cooking the macaroni in the pot of water according to the package directions.
- Add the Velveeta to the pot with the sauce. Gradually stir until melted.
- When the macaroni is done, drain, and add it to the cheese sauce. Shut the heat off, and gently stir in the macaroni until sauce begins to thicken.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and pour the macaroni into the dish. Top with the Monterey Jack. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes, and enjoy!