These crab cakes will be a welcome treat to your next party’s menu.
Lemon Crab Cakes
- ¼ cup Creole mustard
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) container lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- 1¼ cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs), divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten and divided
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Garnish: lemon zest, fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Creole mustard, ¼ cup parsley, ¼ cup mayonnaise, paprika, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, ⅓ cup bread crumbs, lemon zest and juice, Dijon mustard, Creole seasoning, 1 egg, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, and remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Shape mixture into 6 patties. Dip in remaining egg, and dredge in remaining bread crumbs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties, and cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with rémoulade sauce. Garnish with lemon zest and parsley, if desired.