Swirled with lemon curd and whipped cream, this sweet, refreshing pie is a quintessential summer dessert.
Lemon Curd Icebox Pie
Yields: 1 (9-Inch) Pie
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1½ cups plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, chilled and divided
- ½ cup prepared lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar. Press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together condensed milk, lemon zest and juice, and egg yolks. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake until filling is set, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat 1½ cups cold cream and remaining ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream onto pie.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon curd and remaining 1 tablespoon cold cream. Spread mixture onto pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.