Rosemary simple syrup and fresh lemons give this iced tea a lovely aroma.
Lemon-Rosemary Sweet Iced Tea
Makes 8 to 10 Servings
- 14 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 (4-inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 4 family-sized tea bags*
- Garnish: lemon slices, fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 cups water and sugar over medium-high heat; bring just to a boil, whisking if necessary to dissolve sugar. Stir in rosemary; remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large saucepan, bring lemons and remaining 12 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add tea bags, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Discard tea bags, and transfer tea to a serving pitcher. Strain reserved rosemary syrup, discarding solids, and sweeten tea to taste. Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon and rosemary, if desired.
*We used Luzianne® Family Size Iced Tea Bags.