Lemongrass and Mint Gin and Tonic
Makes 1 serving
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 2 ounces Lemongrass Infused Gin (recipe follows)
- 4 ounces tonic water
- Garnish: lemon rind strip, lemongrass stalk, fresh mint sprigs
- In a glass, combine sugar and Lemongrass Infused Gin, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add ice. Stir in tonic water. Garnish with lemon rind, lemongrass stalk, and mint, if desired.
Lemongrass Infused Gin
Makes about 16 servings
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outer layer removed and bruised
- 1 (750-ml) bottle dry gin
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 (4-inch) strip lemon rind
- Cut lemongrass stalk to fit the height of gin bottle. Using a knife or chopsticks, stuff lemongrass, mint, and lemon rind into gin bottle. Seal bottle, and let stand for a week or more.