Louisiana Potato Salad
Dried shrimp add a salty, savory punch to this potato salad.
Write a review
- 3 pounds new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- ½ cup dried shrimp
- 2 tablespoons liquid crab boil
- 4 ounces tasso ham, finely chopped
- 3 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, add potatoes, dried shrimp, and crab boil. Cover with water, and bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Cook until potato is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain potatoes and shrimp in a colander.
- In a large bowl, combine potato mixture, tasso, eggs, mayonnaise, onion, bell peppers, celery, mustard, salt, and ground black pepper. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/