A tangy marinade adds amazing flavor to this colorful shrimp salad.
Mardi Gras Marinated Shrimp Salad
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large cooked shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) container spring mix lettuces
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and red pepper. Stir in shrimp, onion, and bell peppers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Strain shrimp mixture, reserving marinade. Serve over spring mix with reserved marinade.