This Melon and Prosciutto Salad from Marcelle Bienvenu is hard to beat on hot summer evenings.
Melon and Prosciutto Salad
A light and fresh summertime salad.
Write a review
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or ham, cut into strips
- 3 cups cantaloupe balls (about 1 medium cantaloupe)
- 2 cups honeydew balls (about ½ large honeydew)
- 4 ounces shredded provolone cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add prosciutto, and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove prosciutto to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine cantaloupe, honeydew, and cheese. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Just before serving, add prosciutto, mint, and 2 or more tablespoons citrus juice to melon mixture. Toss gently to coat.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/