Try this bright and flavorful corn salad for an alternative to corn on the cob.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- 2 medium jalapeños
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ¾ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup finely crumbled cotija cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: grilled lime wedges, chopped fresh cilantro, crumbled cotija cheese
- Preheat grill to high heat (400° to 450°).
- Grill corn and jalapeños over direct heat, turning occasionally, until charred, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from grill. Cut corn off cobs. Peel jalapeños, cut in half lengthwise, and remove seeds and membrane. Chop jalapeños.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, jalapeño, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, and cheese; toss well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, paprika, and black pepper; add to corn mixture, tossing well. Garnish with grilled lime wedges, cilantro, and cheese, if desired.