Make the most of your mudbugs with these delicious crawfish cakes.
Mini Crawfish Cakes With Remoulade
A tasty addition to your appetizer lineup.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (16-ounce) package crawfish tails, chopped
- 1 cup Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Add bell peppers, and cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and reserve.
- In a large bowl, add lemon juice, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, chives, red pepper, black pepper, and eggs. Whisk to combine. Add reserved onion mixture, crawfish, bread crumbs, cornmeal, and melted butter. Gently combine with a rubber spatula. Using a 1-ounce spring-loaded scoop, form crawfish mixture into balls, then slightly flatten.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine red pepper, sour cream, basil, and olive oil. Pulse until combined and transfer to a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium to medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook cakes 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown and beginning to crisp. Using a fish spatula, flip cakes, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat, and let cool on a wire rack. Serve with reserved red pepper remoulade.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/