This Muffuletta Panzanella Salad is a lighter take on the classic New Orleans sandwich.
Muffuletta Panzanella Salad
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pint assorted cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups olive salad*
- ½ pound sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
- ¼ pound thinly sliced provolone cheese, cubed
- ¼ pound thinly sliced Genoa salami, cut into strips
- ¼ pound thinly sliced prosciutto, torn
- ¼ pound thinly sliced mortadella, cubed
- ¼ pound thinly sliced soppressata, cut into strips
- 10 cups mixed fresh baby greens
- 2 cups croutons
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, parsley, honey, pepper, and garlic. Add tomatoes, olive salad, cheeses, and meats, tossing to combine. Divide greens among 10 serving plates. Top each serving with 1 cup muffuletta salad and croutons. Salad will keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
*We used Boscoli Italian Olive Salad.