Since this recipe doubles easily, it makes an excellent potluck appetizer.
- ¾ cup olive salad, drained well
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
- 3 ounces sliced provolone cheese, torn into pieces
- 2 ounces Genoa salami
- 2 ounces capocollo
- 1 ounce prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine olive salad and Italian seasoning.
- In another small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet, and press seams together if they have split. Spoon olive salad mixture onto pastry, leaving a ½-inch border on top edge. Layer cheese and meats on top of olive salad mixture. Starting with bottom edge opposite border, roll up pastry, jelly roll style; press seam to seal. (You want a good seal so pinwheels stay closed when baking.) Place log seam side down. Brush egg wash on top and sides of log. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and sides. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut log crosswise into 8 slices. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 23 to 25 minutes.