Add this perfect party starter to your Mardi Gras menu.
Makes about 24 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) package pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- ¼ pound thinly sliced soppressata
- ½ pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup olive salad*
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch square. Spread mustard onto dough, and cut in half.
- Arrange overlapping slices of soppressata down center of 1 piece of dough, leaving a 2-inch border on both sides. Top with 3 slices ham, ¼ cup olive salad, ¼ cup mozzarella, and 3 provolone halves; repeat layers once. Cut strips of dough at ¾- to 1-inch intervals on both sides of filling. Fold top and bottom pieces of dough over filling, and braid strips of dough diagonally over filling, stretching strips, if necessary. Place on prepared pan. Brush dough with egg. Repeat with remaining dough, soppressata, ham, olive salad, and cheeses.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
*We used Boscoli Italian Olive Salad.
Find more Mardi Gras inspired recipes in our newest issue of Louisiana Cookin’.