In this sweet variation on classic bananas Foster, peaches get caramelized with cinnamon and brown sugar before being mixed into an easy no-churn ice cream.
No-Churn Peaches Foster Ice Cream
Makes 1½ Quarts
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2½ cups thinly sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 2 peaches)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- Place a 10×5-inch loaf pan in freezer.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed skillet, heat butter over medium heat until mostly melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg just until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until bubbles begin to form around edges of skillet, about 4 minutes. Add peaches; cook, stirring constantly, until peaches are soft and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour into a medium heatproof bowl. Stir in condensed milk until combined. Refrigerate until cool to the touch, about 45 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cold cream at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Fold whipped cream into peach mixture. Spoon into cold loaf pan. Wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping and serving.