Oven-Cooked Ribs with Community® Coffee Dry Rub
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Community® coffee Breakfast Blend grounds
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (3- to 3.5-pound) racks St. Louis–style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine coffee grounds, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin, chili powder, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. Remove thin membrane from back of ribs by piercing it with a sharp knife and pulling it off. Rub ribs with oil. Rub coffee mixture evenly on ribs. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack over baking sheet; spray rack with cooking spray.
- Place ribs on prepared rack. Cover with foil, and bake until meat is tender and internal temperature registers 145° on a meat thermometer, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Increase oven to broil. Brush barbecue sauce onto each side of ribs. Broil until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/