Smoked paprika and Creole seasoning add a little spice to this oven-roasted okra.
Oven-Roasted Okra with Smoky Mock Aïoli
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 12 ounces fresh okra, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Garnish: smoked paprika, roasted lime slices
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large bowl, toss together okra, oil, Creole seasoning, and paprika. Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. Place on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, lime zest and juice, and salt. Garnish aïoli with smoked paprika, if desired. Garnish okra platter with lime slices, if desired.